Young researchers, academicians and practitioners are invited to submit their abstract(s) for the 2nd National Youth Conference on Family Planning conference coordinating with the conference themes and topics. Prospective researchers are strongly encouraged to submit an abstract that might be selected for oral or poster presentation. When submitting your abstract, please follow the guidelines below to what your abstract should include:
– an introductory statement that outlines the background and significance of the study
– a succinct description of the basic methodologies
– a clear indication of the major findings of the study
– a concluding statement.
The selection of oral presentations and posters for presentation will be based on the quality of submissions and their relevance to the key conference themes:
- Addressing Youth Needs and Involvement in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights advocacy and programs
- Advancing Family Planning & Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights through Youth Organizations
- FP2020 Progresses and Challenges
- Youth Access to Reproductive Health Commodities and demand generation
- Youth Friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health services
Instructions for submitting a paper or a poster:
|Authors should submit an abstract of less than 600 words to the online abstract submission page. An indication of abstract structure could include Background: 150 words, Objective: 100 words, Method: 100 words, Results: 150 words, Conclusion: 100 words.
Authors will be asked to classify their submission to one of the five conference themes.
|All abstracts must be written in English. It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author. Abstract titles selected for presentation may be edited for spelling or conformity to the session title.|
|Abstracts must include a clear description of the topic, methods and salient findings. Research proposals should not be submitted for oral presentation, though they may be considered for posters.|
|Authors who submit an abstract should do so with the intention to attend the conference. Presenters are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
There will be a few scholarships based on the need and availability of funds for the selected abstract presenters. To avail scholarship, please apply through the following link: https://serac.typeform.com/to/LAetTE
|You may submit up to two abstracts as the primary author and presenter but there is no limit to the number of abstracts for which you can contribute as a co-author.|
Abstract submission link: https://serac.typeform.com/to/NEU8GI
Deadline for submission: 22 September, 2017 (11.59 pm Bangladesh time)
When will you find the result?
Email notification of decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the selected abstract authors will be contacted for logistics information.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the following criteria:
Originality, contained significant new findings 20%
Quality, Significantly advanced evidence base for addressing family planning needs 25%
Importance, Directly addressed key themes for conference 25%
Presentation, Clearly presented material according to outline (with headings) 30%
Abstract review criteria
– Relevance to the conference topics – Significance of the scientific question(s) and results – Style – Organization (e.g., the abstract has a clear beginning, middle and end) – Clear question or hypothesis – Sufficient background – The experimental approach and rationale for the approach are clear – The results are clearly presented – The interpretation and conclusions are reasonable and logical
All selected abstracts will be published in the conference abstract book.
For any query please reach us at email@example.com