Urban Youth Councils will be set up in four cities of Bangladesh (Mymensingh, Rangpur, Rajshahi, Chittagong) to ensure their participation in decision-making in general services through youth empowerment. And selectively present their views, opinions and demands to the City Corporation, which will play a vital role in sustainable development and youth leadership development. To achieve the above objectives, the project will create a temporary task force consisting of 200 youths aged 18-35 (50 in each selected city) to organize workshops on urban youth council formation, election process and participation procedures. He can provoke.
From the applications received, ‘SERAC-Bangladesh’ will form an ‘Urban Youth Task Force’ consisting of 200 youths (50 from each city) from Mymensingh, Chittagong, Rangpur and Rajshahi. The term of this task force will last till the election of the city youth council.
* No task force member can be a candidate in the city youth council election.
* Task Force membership is an entirely unpaid/voluntary position.
* The final decision on selecting the task force member will be taken jointly by the concerned City Corporation and ‘SERAC-Bangladesh’.No objection to the decision will be accepted.
* Any further required documents related to the subsequent candidature are requested by ‘SERAC-Bangladesh’ and City Corporation. Will be obliged to show/submit.
* Any recommendation or influence in the application process will be considered ineligibility.
* At the end of the project, the task force members will be represented by SERAC-Bangladesh, UNDEF, UN-Habitat and City Corporation. The certificate will be issued.
* Accommodation in residential training, including travel fare, snacks, lunch while attending monthly/various programs.
* Also directly with the UN Urban Headquarters ‘Urban Youth Councils in Bangladesh’ project and with the City Mayor Gain experience working directly.